Filby's Passenger and Immigration Lists index Series

Barbara Kiersh BKiersh at coj.net
Thu Mar 28 09:33:59 EST 2002

Hi Sandy,

We have the second edition of Filby's here.  In the first volume of the
bibliography, someone had pasted in an ad from the Family Tree,
Feb/March 1998 issue.  To get a copy of an original source, contact the
Burton Historical Collection at the Detroit Public Library, 5201
Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202.  The source number needs to be cited
with the reference.  In 1998 the charge was 20 cents per copy plus $2.00
for postage and handling.  It would be best to contact them for current
charges.

Barbara Kiersh, Librarian
Genealogy Dept.
Jacksonville (FL) PL

>>> "Sandy Day" <daysa at oplin.lib.oh.us> 03/27/02 02:52PM >>>
   Hi
I am seeking assistance. Hope someone can supply an answer.

We have the series "Passenger and Immigration Lists Index" by William
Filby and Mary K. Meyer

Sometime back I had been given a name and address of a library that
supplies copies of the original record if supplied the Bibiog. number
and a small fee. As luck would have it, I loaned my typed card to a
patron and it got busy and I didn't notice that I did not get it back!!
Does anyone know of a source like this for suppling this info?
Any help appreciated!

Sandy Day
Genealogy Librarian
Schiappa Library