smile (fwd)

Misteriosa apizano at soleil.acomp.usf.edu
Wed Mar 11 10:32:15 EST 1998

                                SMILE!

Laughter is in a certain sense food for the soul. We cannot live without
it, for we slowly

disintegrate, pine away, and die. Many things we do in life is relative
to laughter. To laugh is to

love; to laugh is to understand; to laugh is to forgive. We must laugh.

The laughter of children is beautiful. And a SMILE can be uplifting. Let
me tell you the

meaning of a smile. It costs nothing. It creates much. It enriches those
who receive it without

impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it
sometimes lasts

forever.

There are none so rich that they can live without it, and none so poor
that they are not made

richer by its benefits. It creates happiness in the home, fosters good
will in business, and is the

counter-sign of friends. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the
discouraged, sunshine to the sad.

And one of nature's best antidotes for our troubles.

And yet, it cannot be begged, bought, borrowed, or stolen--for it is
something that is no

earthly good to anyone, until it is given away.

So, if in the course of the day your friends may be too tired to give you
a smile, then why don't

you give them one of yours; because nobody needs a smile more than those
who have none

left to give.

                             Author Unknown