[Alis] Sunshine Week is coming

kmccook at tampabay.rr.com kmccook at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 20:34:01 EST 2009

-
International Transparency and Secrecy Research Network

Greetings:

As we near Sunshine Week 2009, March 15-21, I just wanted to
reach out  to make sure everyone knows about the free materials
available to  participants -- and where to find them. (And I
apologize to all for the  inevitable cross postings and to those who
are receiving this but have  no interest.)

We have some Sunshine Week toolkit materials available now on
the Web site (www.sunshineweek.org). They can be found under
the "Toolkit" tab.
I would emphasize that this is just the beginning of what's
expected.
More comes in almost every day now, and the pace will increase
as we get  closer, so please be sure to check back as March 15
nears.

Newly added are three online ads -- a banner, a button and a
skyscraper in IAB standard sizes. They join the previously
released print and  broadcast ads (which also can be used
online). Spanish language versions  of the print and online ads
are coming soon. A couple of opinion columns
are now posted, and several more are  expected on a variety of
FOI and government transparency issues.

In addition to the opinion columns, other materials to look for
coming up include: a calendar of Sunshine Week events (and
please send in
anything you've got for that); informational graphics contributed by
McClatchy-Tribune Graphics in Washington; editorial cartoons
from
members of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists;
new items
in the Sunshine Week online store; a national public opinion
survey on
secrecy and FOI issues by Scripps Howard News Service and
Ohio
University; and the results of the Sunshine Week/ASNE-NFOIC-
SPJ
nationwide survey of state government information online.

All materials in the toolkit are available for ANY participant to use
during Sunshine Week at no cost. We only ask that you indicate
somewhere
that its use is in conjunction with or celebration of (or some such
of)
Sunshine Week. Please be advised as well that we ask you
please not to
use any of the work before March 15, and when Sunshine Week
ends on
March 21, you will need permission of the creators to use their
work.
(Student newspapers on spring break during Sunshine Week can
contact me
directly about special permissions.)

We'll once again be assembling an online gallery of the great
work
produced, so please be sure to send links and/or PDF or JPG
files to me
when they're available.

Thanks to everyone for the support in the past and all that we're
sure
is coming.

Debra

Debra Gersh Hernandez